Formglas GFRG is a means for architects and designers to achieve modern and “organic” shapes on walls, ceilings, columns, interior and exterior with an application that is lightweight yet very durable. Formglas is able to cast GFRG in virtually an unlimited range of patterns and textures which allows for the introduction of exciting elements into a multitude of spaces within the Healthcare, Hospitality, Education, Retail, Transportation and Commercial Industries.
WHAT IS GFRG…
A composite of high strength, non-combustable ‘thin cast’ alpha gypsum cement that is reinforced with glass fibers. Where once traditional ‘plaster castings’ were used, GFRG is now specified.
• Components are Fabricated from Precision Made Molds into Virtually any Shape or Scale Yielding Fine Surface Detail, Textures and Patterns.
• Weight of Material is 2-3 lbs per Sq Foot
• Joints Can Be Taped and Finishing is Similar to Drywall Finishing
• Commonly Supplied with a Smooth, Primer-Ready Surface for Finishing on Site or It Can Be Factory-Finished
• Designed to Minimize Excessive Framing
• A Favorable Choice for LEED or Green Construction Projects
• Decorative Ceiling Coffers, Domes, Vaults
• Columns, Capitals and Bases
• Wall Cladding
• Moldings, Light Coves, Running Trim
• Pilasters and Pediments
• Brackets and Corbels
• Complicated Geometric Shapes
• Sculpted or Perforated Panels